Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2014

What to do if the Sync Issues folder for Outlook contains warnings, "Synchronization of some deletions failed" error.

Few days back I was trying to synchronize my Outlook 2010 mails with the Exchange Server 2010. It was a normal sync action that I wanted to perform. After the process, I checked the emails and found some discrepancy. There were some items that I could read in Outlook Web Access but was not able to get them in my mailbox. I discovered that for such discrepancies in synchronization, Microsoft provides “Synchronization Issues Folder”. It consists of all the logs and items that MS Outlook is unable to sync with the Exchange Server. 
 
The folder comprises of “Sync Issues” sub folder along with few other options that consists of all the synchronization logs which were earlier (in MS Outlook earlier versions) stored in Deleted Items Folder. The contents of this sync folder are not stored in Exchange Server, that is, the only way to view these files is from my computer not from somewhere else. When I checked the contents of Sync Issues folder, it had the following error descriptions:

    15:39:32 Synchronizer Version 14.0.6109
    15:39:32 Synchronizing Mailbox 'user profile name'
    15:39:32 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Deleted Items'
    15:39:32 Uploading to server 'outlook.xyz.com'
    15:39:32 Synchronization of some deletions failed.
    15:39:32 [80004005-501-4B9-130] (Error Code)
    15:39:32 The client operation failed.
    15:39:32 Microsoft Exchange Information Store 

Here, the errors that were described could have been due to deletion of Exchange mailbox or non existence of that specific file in the mailbox. In most of the cases, these errors occur when the items no longer exist in the Exchange mailbox. Additionally, the warning may have been logged because of the Exchange Server failure to delete an item. Also, the OST file may have gone damaged. On a little searching, I found “OST Integrity Check” tool. It was an inbuilt utility by Microsoft and all I had to do was find it, exit MS Outlook and start using the tool.
 
I selected my “Outlook profile” by going to the Profile name list and opted for “Repair Errors” checkbox. On clicking “Begin Scan”, the tool checked everything and enlisted OST issues in my mailbox. These OST issues were listed under Deleted Items folder. However, the entire process required a lot of time and efforts. Moreover, it told me the damage but I could not repair anything. 
 
Then I looked for third party utility tools available and found “Kernel for OST to PST Conversion” software that was easy to use, interactive tool to perform complete OST conversion. Other than being simple, it did convert all my damaged OST file within minutes; it also gave me options to save the recovered items in PST, DBX, EML and MSG format. The tool had no limitation for the file size for recovery and it didn’t require the original Outlook profile as well. Additionally, the tool gave me options to preview everything recovered and save the items selectively. All in all, it was the easiest and most effective way I found out to convert the damaged OST files and save my files accordingly. Visit here : http://www.osttopstconvert.recoveryfiles.org/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...