How can you import or export Outlook data from one computer to another? Many Outlook users ask this question every day. MS Outlook has the facility to import and export Outlook messages, contacts, calendar items, tasks and notes from one computer to another.
However, it is impossible to import old OST file to New Outlook profile. It is difficult to recreate old Outlook profiles as no inbuilt option in MS Outlook gives you the option to import OST files.
Import and Export Wizard in MS Outlook 2010
Steps for Outlook migration are slightly different in various versions of Outlook. Here our discussion is based on the version Outlook 2010. The Import and Export Wizard of Outlook 2010 helps you easily migrate Outlook data from one computer to another and to restore your Outlook data backup. Follow the steps given below to perform easy Outlook migration:
- Go to File > Open > Import
- Click Import from another program or file when the Import and Export Wizard appears; click Next.
- Click Outlook Data File (PST); click Next.
- Click the Browse button and select the file that is to be imported; click Next.
In this step, do not forget to select appropriate option from the three:
- Replace duplicates with items imported
- Allow duplicates to be created
- Do not import duplicates)
(It happens only if a password has been assigned to the Outlook Data File)
- Select the folder to import from:
- Select/deselect Include Subfolders
- Select Import items into the current folder or Import items to the same folder in: ……… (Browse the required folder using the Browse button).
In addition, it is possible to configure Outlook for roaming users. It helps the Outlook user to use different workstations in the same network. But, the network computers used by the roaming user should have the same operating system and the same Outlook version.
Many third party applications help you perform many activities that are not possible with the inbuilt tools of MS Outlook. They also allow you perform many Outlook tool activities in a simpler and easier way. Kernel for OST to PST is such an application.
The primary function of Kernel for OST to PST is to restore your inaccessible Outlook OST files by convert OST to PST. It enables you restore corrupt and damaged files and to migrate mailboxes. This application is compatible with almost all versions of MS Exchange Server and MS Outlook and can be installed with all Windows versions.